Certstaffix Training offers FileMaker classes in several course formats. Our FileMaker training is available for individuals or corporate teams. Browse our FileMaker courses and training formats to enroll into one of our classes and start learning FileMaker skills today.
A: If you are wondering what FileMaker skills are important to learn, we've written a FileMaker Skills and Learning Guide that maps out FileMaker skills that are key to master and which of our courses teaches each skill.
Read Our FileMaker Skills and Learning Guide
A: FileMaker Pro is a powerful tool for creating custom databases. You can use it to track anything from customer information to inventory levels. It's easy to use and highly customizable, making it a great choice for businesses of all sizes.
A: There are a few different ways that you can learn FileMaker. You can take an online FileMaker class, or book a corporate onsite training class for a group. You can also learn by doing, by working with someone who already knows FileMaker, or by reading books or articles about the software. Whichever way you choose to learn, it is important to have a good understanding of how databases work in order to be able to use FileMaker effectively.
A: Yes, FileMaker is easy to use. You don't need any programming experience to create custom databases with FileMaker. The software is designed for business users who need to track and manage information. With its point-and-click interface, you can create custom fields, forms, and reports without writing any code. And because FileMaker runs on Mac, Windows, and iOS devices, you can access your data from anywhere.
A: When it comes to learning FileMaker, there are a few key skills that will help you get the most out of the software. Here are some of the top skills you should focus on:
1. Learning the basics – Before you can do anything else in FileMaker, you need to have a strong understanding of the basics. This means learning how to create a database, how to add and edit data, and how to run basic reports. Without this foundation, you’ll be limited in what you can do with the software.
2. Creating layouts – One of the most powerful features of FileMaker is its ability to create custom layouts. This allows you to design your database exactly the way you want it, and makes it much easier to use. If you can master this skill, you’ll be able to create databases that are both easy to use and visually appealing.
3. Writing scripts – Scripts are a powerful way to automate tasks in FileMaker. If you can learn how to write basic scripts, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort. This is a particularly useful skill if you plan on building custom solutions in FileMaker.
4. Working with external data – FileMaker can link to external data sources, such as Excel spreadsheets or other databases. This allows you to bring in data from other sources and use it in your FileMaker database. If you need to work with data from multiple sources, this is a essential skill to have.
5. Building custom solutions – One of the most popular uses for FileMaker is building custom solutions. This could be anything from a simple contact management system to a complex inventory system. If you have the skills to build custom solutions, you can really unlock the power of FileMaker.
These are just a few of the top skills you should focus on when learning FileMaker. By mastering these skills, you’ll be able to get the most out of the software and build better databases.
Certstaffix Training provides FileMaker classes near me or online, depending on the number of students involved. We offer online courses for individual learners, as well as in person classes at your office for corporate groups. Our trainers are highly experienced professionals with the expertise necessary to help you gain a thorough understanding of FileMaker concepts and tools. With our courses available online for individuals or in person for corporate groups, it's easy to develop your FileMaker skills. Start learning today and see how Certstaffix Training can help you reach your goals.
When individuals need to learn FileMaker, Certstaffix Training provides FileMaker classes online in the course formats listed above. Our FileMaker courses online allow you to learn from the convenience of your home or office, eliminating the need to travel. View the available formats for FileMaker online courses above.
If you need a FileMaker course near me, our onsite training for corporate groups provides FileMaker training in person at your office. We can send an instructor to your office for FileMaker in person training or hold a private FileMaker training online just for your group. Onsite classes allow for FileMaker classroom training by sending an instructor to your office. You can also schedule a private FileMaker course online just for your team if you have a remote or hybrid work environment. Get a quote today online or give us a call at 888-330-6890.