Corporate Groups: Onsite or Online
Certstaffix® Training offers FileMaker training classes in several training course formats. For most FileMaker courses, we offer either online training for individuals or onsite or online training for corporate groups. Browse our offerings below to learn more about our FileMaker learning options available for individuals or corporate teams.
A: FileMaker Pro is a powerful tool for creating custom databases. You can use it to track anything from customer information to inventory levels. It's easy to use and highly customizable, making it a great choice for businesses of all sizes.
A: There are a few different ways that you can learn FileMaker. You can take an online FileMaker class, or book a corporate onsite training class for a group. You can also learn by doing, by working with someone who already knows FileMaker, or by reading books or articles about the software. Whichever way you choose to learn, it is important to have a good understanding of how databases work in order to be able to use FileMaker effectively.
A: Yes, FileMaker is easy to use. You don't need any programming experience to create custom databases with FileMaker. The software is designed for business users who need to track and manage information. With its point-and-click interface, you can create custom fields, forms, and reports without writing any code. And because FileMaker runs on Mac, Windows, and iOS devices, you can access your data from anywhere.
A: When it comes to learning FileMaker, there are a few key skills that will help you get the most out of the software. Here are some of the top skills you should focus on:
1. Learning the basics – Before you can do anything else in FileMaker, you need to have a strong understanding of the basics. This means learning how to create a database, how to add and edit data, and how to run basic reports. Without this foundation, you’ll be limited in what you can do with the software.
2. Creating layouts – One of the most powerful features of FileMaker is its ability to create custom layouts. This allows you to design your database exactly the way you want it, and makes it much easier to use. If you can master this skill, you’ll be able to create databases that are both easy to use and visually appealing.
3. Writing scripts – Scripts are a powerful way to automate tasks in FileMaker. If you can learn how to write basic scripts, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort. This is a particularly useful skill if you plan on building custom solutions in FileMaker.
4. Working with external data – FileMaker can link to external data sources, such as Excel spreadsheets or other databases. This allows you to bring in data from other sources and use it in your FileMaker database. If you need to work with data from multiple sources, this is a essential skill to have.
5. Building custom solutions – One of the most popular uses for FileMaker is building custom solutions. This could be anything from a simple contact management system to a complex inventory system. If you have the skills to build custom solutions, you can really unlock the power of FileMaker.
These are just a few of the top skills you should focus on when learning FileMaker. By mastering these skills, you’ll be able to get the most out of the software and build better databases.
When individuals need to learn FileMaker, Certstaffix Training provides online classes in two formats: 1) Live Online or 2) Self-paced eLearning.
Our live online FileMaker training classes are held on set schedules and taught by real live instructors. You can view live online class schedules by viewing each course outline. These are fully interactive classes that students attend in a virtual Zoom classroom. You can ask questions just like in a physical classroom. There are break times throughout the day. Most classes also involve hands-on exercises in an online lab environment we provide during class (may require trial or own login).
Our FileMaker eLearning courses are self-paced - you attend when it is convenient for you in a web browser. Video lectures teach you and you can start, stop & replay as much as you like during your 6-month subscription length. Certain eLearning classes (as indicated on each eLearning course outline) also include a virtual computer where you can practice with the software you are learning (may require trial or own login). FileMaker eLearning is a good solution for independent learners or people with limited schedules.
When you need FileMaker onsite training for a corporate group, we can send an instructor to your office or hold online private classes. FileMaker onsite training classes allow face-to-face in-person instruction by sending an instructor to your office. You can also schedule a private live online training for your group that allows for a class for just your employees. Get a quote today online or give us a call at 888-330-6890.